Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Month 2

Hello!

It's Malia again. I have some catching up to do. Here goes Zia's second month in pictures....

Starting at 1 month old...


I put this on the last post, but it technically happened when she was
just over a month old. She rolled over all by herself, and we were
so surprised! She's our strong little over-achiever!

Zia's last newborn size diaper.

Just hanging out with Daddy.
May 16th was our first anniversary, so we decided
to take Zia out with us for a date. We went to IHOP.

Zia slept for most of the date, and everyone at
the restaurant thought she was so tiny and cute.


We put Zia in the Bumbo, but she wasn't overly fond of it.

I'm not sure how this picture worked, since everything is blurry
except her face, but it definitely shows how unhappy she was wth
us to be stuck in her little throne.

Tummy time has helped her neck to get nice and strong!

Daddy gets as much cuddle time as he can on Sunday
since I get her the rest of the week. It's cute--he usually holds
her for most of church and carries her to and from our church
building. He adores our little Z.

Gabe was holding her in this picture. We have
spent lots of time with my side of the family. We
either drive up to Syracuse or they drive down to
Provo about once a week. They're a little obsessed. :)

This picture was posted subtitled, "How many Edwardses does
it take to change the baby?"

"What's that I hear?"


Cuddling with Daddy.

She loves her dad.

But I love to joke that she doesn't always love the way he smells. ;)
It's especially funny since Austin had just come home from the gym
when this picture was taken.
For these next few pictures, I took a bunch of them while she was sleeping on my chest. They are so adorable! I will always cherish the memories of my tiny baby cuddling me all the time during those first weeks of her life. Those moments are so yummy.











We are lucky to have the Hastings so close by. Joyce is such a great grandma to all the girls, and Zia is lucky to be adopted along with us into the Hasting family. Ella and Sami adore Zia. They can't get enough of her! Whenever we bring her over to visit, they always start begging (and commanding) us to let them hold her.



Her first few smiles were tiny but soooo sweet! She smiles with
her eyes. That comes from my mom's mom. Many of the girls
in our family smile with squinty eyes, and Zia is one of them. :)

When she figured out her voice, she couldn't get enough! I
love listening to her sweet sounds.

The bouncer was the only way I got showers when
she was still new. She usually stayed awake the whole
time, but she fell asleep this time!

Another visit from the Edwards side of the family.
She has loved to stand for a long time, and her
legs are very strong!

This little outfit is one of my favorites. The tiny giraffe
heads on her feet are so cute!

A little half smile. For a while she was super happy every morning
and gradually got crankier until her fussy time at night. I'm glad
that routine didn't last very long. This mama doesn't do so hot with
early mornings, no matter how much her baby likes them.


Joyce gave us a stuffed bunny to measure Zia against in pictures as she grows, but I totally forgot to take pictures with it until she was about a month and a half old. She was still pretty little. :)




Back at Grandma's again! (Told you, we're up there
a lot more lately!)


We gave Zia a bath in the kitchen sink at my
parents' house. Usually she takes showers with
us, so she wasn't quite sure what to think.



She fell asleep on the couch later on. Isn't she sweet?



Zia went to her first "Veggie Gals" lunch at Jonelle's house. It was
nice to get together with lots of moms who feel the same way I do
about motherhood and living as naturally as possible. They were
all so supportive of the way I was able to have Zia totally naturally.



I love her silly smiles!

She's chunked up pretty quickly. I love me some chunky baby!

She was more tolerant of the Bumbo this time around,
but she kept on flopping over for some reason.

This outfit was the one I bought for Zia when we
found out she was going to be a girl. :)

The SwaddleMe wrap has been a lifesaver! I bought a couple on
a whim before Zia was born, and they ended up being the only
thing that could keep Zia's arms from waking her up. We like to
keep burp rags under her to help keep spit up messes off the sheets.
We still end up changing them a lot. :)

Austin loves playing with Zia during his free time.

She's his little cuddle bug. :)

She would fall asleep so easily during those first few weeks of her life.

2 months old! What a beautiful girl.

My love and my little love. I adore her little burrito body.
Month 2 was just as wonderful as month 1. Zia started sleeping through the night by herself just before she was 2 months old. She's such a good baby! I don't know what we did to deserve her, but she's such a sweetheart. Life has been so much fun with her around, too. She started smiling in her second month of life, and talking. We can't get enough!

More coming soon!

-Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment